• Magnified
  • Prenup
  • Wedding Cake
  • Unhappy Child
  • Kids First
  • Teddybears

Orders of the Court

A Residence Order says where a child should live.

A Contact Order regulates telephone calls, visits, night stop-overs, weekends or holidays with the absent parent.

A Prohibited Steps Order is when one parent objects to something that the other parent is doing concerning their child. That parent can apply to the court for the other person to stop doing it. For example, this may be where one parent wishes to move with the children to live in another country. A specific issue order is used if parents are unable to agree on a specific aspect of their child’s upbringing such as which school they should attend.

In all of the above cases, an Order must be applied for and granted by the Court.

Legal Disclaimer
The materials appearing on this website do not constitute legal advice and are provided for general information purposes only. No warranty, whether express or implied is
given in relation to such materials. Hodgsons Law shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall we be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to this website. Jo Hodgson is the sole director of Hodgsons Law.